TR - EPC Certificates

0800 9994 994
Add Favorites Contact Author



Tenant Referencing UK can now provide its landlord and agents with Energy Performance Certificates.

From the 1st of October 2008, Landlords in England & Wales must provide an EPC to all new and prospective tenants.

From October 2015, if landlords in England fail to show prospective tenants a valid EPC, they will not be complying with the new Section 21 rules, therefore will not be able to serve a valid Section 21 notice.

A landlord must serve a valid Section 21 notice tenants if they wish to legally terminate the tenancy, so it is crucial to comply with the legislation.

Landlords and agents must also need to have an EPC within seven days or marketing a property or risk getting a penalty from Trading Standards.


Booking an Energy Inspection is like booking any other appointment; a convenient time will be arranged to visit the rental property.

During the assessment the assessor will inspect the rental property and collect information such as external and/or internal measurements, details about the construction, and the type of heating/hot water used in your property. In order to gather the information, the assessor will need to access all rooms, the boiler and the loft.

After the assessment, the assessor will send you the EPC and recommendation report. The recommendation report will contain recommendations of how the property’s energy efficiency can be improved. Each recommendation will be accompanied by the typical cost savings per year as well as what the performance rating could be after improvements are made.

No Feedback Received

Join our website free today!


© Copyright 2017 -